Thursday, July 23, 2015

My Last Week


I knew that when I left for London, three weeks was either going to be too long or too short.  If I came over here and didn’t feel like I really connected with anybody, then my time abroad couldn’t end soon enough.  Or, I could fill every day with new experiences with new friends and I wouldn’t want these three weeks to end.  And as I’m concluding my last week in London, I’m wishing I had more time.


When I realized that I had exactly one week left here in London, I made a mental note to try and fit in as much as I could in the limited time I had.  I wandered around Harrod’s (and of course didn’t buy anything) and enjoyed a drink at a pub with the girls.  That last weekend I visited the Cotswolds and Oxford with my university social program and went out to a club that night that had poor music but strong drinks.  I visited Windsor Castle, while the Queen was in, at some point, actually worked on homework.  I went to a play called The Mousetrap with my friend Nick and giggled at our rock and roll tour guide with Kay.  The two of us met up with our friends Max, Ben, John, Bennett, and David at a jazz club before ending the night at our go-to, The Roxy.  I took my last field trip with my class to the London Museum and Tate Modern, finally having fish and chips for dinner that night.  We finished the week standing on a bridge, overlooking the city at night.



In one week, I was able to pack in hours worth of events that only adds up to a third of all the crazy and exciting events I’ve been able to participate while here in London.  It blows my mind that this was my last week in the city that stole my heart.




1 comment:

  1. Following you around London was really fun...primarily because your writing is delightfully fresh. I can't thank Rockne enough for suggesting that we ask you to let us follow you. I'll bet your dad loved every word too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete