Monday, July 20, 2015

Another Weekend of Traveling


This last weekend was full of even more excursions.  On Saturday, with my University of Westminster social program, I traveled to the Cotswolds and Oxford.  Thankfully, this trip was a shorter one than the one was to York.  The Cotswolds was more of a village because of its small size. When there, I finally had tea and the most delicious tea cakes.  We were only given a short amount of time there, so before I knew it, we all boarded the bus and headed towards Oxford.


Oxford was absolutely beautiful, historical and detailed buildings surrounded us.  We were taken on a walking tour and found ourselves at Christ Church, a local college.  All of us on the tour had a little freak out moment when we were told that part of Harry Potter was filmed there!  The stairs Harry walks up in the first film to see Professor McGonagall before being sorted, I walked on them.  The Great Hall, I walked through the dining area that inspired that set design.  I couldn't get over the architecture of every building we came across and was blown away by it all.


Yesterday, Sunday, with API, I went to visit Windsor Castle.  We were able to take an audio tour of the castle, even seeing the state apartments and Queen Mary's Dollhouse.  You could feel the history in every room and in the artifacts.  After a couple hours of walking around, a group and I went to grab dinner before everyone boarded our bus to head back to London.  Overall, it was a very busy weekend that left me thoroughly exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment