Friday, February 17, 2012

Muggy Heat

Written June 28, 2011:

Caio! I have just ended my first day in beautiful Rome, Italy.  After spending over half of the day in the air, it felt nice to finally be in a destination.  And my first thought of Rome when I stepped out of the airport was, wow it's hot out here.  As I stood there with my group waiting for our bus and wishing I had put on more deodorant, I couldn't believe I was in ITALY!  I still can't believe it.  Trying to communicate with vendors and navigate my way around Italy (which would put Little Italy in Boston to shame) seems almost like a dream.  Very surreal.  I don't know when it'll hit me that I'm finally in Europe but it's an amazing opportunity.  I'm able to see statues that many don't even know exist.  I get to walk on grounds many will never get the chance to do.  This muggy heat is my opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment